Search This Blog

Nov 12, 2008

15 Mission and Vision of "The Bike Chronicles of India"

The story behind the birth of "The Bike Chronicles of India"


And then I discovered "Blogs"..

In 2006 I had just finished the first year of my MBA and as per the curriculum requirements; I needed to undertake a 2 month "Summer Internship" assignment. As luck would have it, I managed to get internship with one of the Major Auto Manufacturer (and its NOT Bajaj Auto) of India.

The 2 month Summer Internship was about "Impact of Social Media (Internet) on the Indian Automobile Sector". You might now ask what is "Social Media"?

In 2006 most of the Indians who were online had not heard of the term “Blog” or knew what a blog actually was..

I used to be one of them..

That form of media, powered by the internet and in which the content is provided by common people like you and me and in which there is mass involvement, is called Social Media. Internet Discussion Forums, Online Groups (Yahoo groups, Google groups etc.), Online Communities like Orkut, Video sharing sites like YouTube, Photo sharing sites like PicasaWeb, Flickr and of course Blogs are part of this Social Media.

Even though there have been active bloggers (all non auto related) in India since the early 2000’s, in 2006 most of the Indians who were online had not heard of the term “Blog” or knew what a blog actually was. In fact even I used to be one of them.



So what is a "Blog"?


In my own very simple words: A “Blog” is a “Personal Website”.

It is like an “Online Diary”. “Blog” is actually a short form of the words “WeB-Log” and the act of maintaining/writing on a blog is called “Blogging”. Thanks to Bollywood celebrities like Mr. Amitabh Bacchan and Aamir Khan who have their own blogs, most people in India who are active online now know what a “Blog” is or must have at least heard of the term “Blog”.



Why did I start “The Bike Chronicles of India”?

During my Summer Internship (mid 2006), I did come across a few “Yahoo Groups” and a few “Internet Discussion forums” which were created to discuss about Indian Automobiles. Strange as it might sound today, but in mid 2006 Orkut was relatively was new phenomenon (in India) and not many had heard about YouTube..!!

In mid 2006, I also couldn’t find a single blog which was dedicated to two wheelers from India. There were a few blogs here and there but they mostly abandoned by the authors after a few posts. Later I did come across "Motorcyclist at large" (which was a few months old back in mid 2006).

Nevertheless I did finish my Summer Training and started my second year of my MBA. During that time I had an Idea that since there weren’t any serious Indian blog dedicated to covering Indian two wheelers, why didn’t I start one?

And that is how I started “The Bike Chronicles of India” in August 2006 as www.Indian2wheels.blogspot.com. Towards the end of 2007 I went in for my own domain and now the new url of “The Bike Chronicles of India” was www.2WheelsIndia.Com.



What is the Mission and Vision behind “The Bike Chronicles of India”?

When I started this blog, the initial 1-2 months there weren’t too many visitors. But slowly as I continued posting, the number of hits started to increase steadily. What started as an “Online Diary” soon took the shape of a one stop source of news, views and reviews on Motorcycles of India. Presently, TBCI has enabled me to connect with like minded individuals not only from India but also from across the globe.

The Mission behind TBCI is still evolving and I believe that it will continue to do so. But the Vision has always been a clear one for me, i.e. to continue Blogging about 2 wheelers (mostly motorcycles) of India for as long as I can. Maybe after 50 years I will look back in time and see the Two Wheeler Scenario evolve chronologically over the years “through my eyes”.

Now, won’t that be something..??







Disclaimer:

This is to remind that the Views or Opinions in the blog are entirely mine unless explicitly stated. The Views and Opinions published in this blog should in no way be related to any other person or organization associated -- directly or indirectly -- with me.




15 Comments:

Cé$âr said...

It has been a great ride, Satadal. Its really gr8 to see you blogging again. Looking 4ward to many more posts!

Sajal said...

starting this blog would easily be one of your greatest ideas!!!
You simple rock in your blog dude!!

Anonymous said...

starting this blog would easily be one of your greatest ideas!!!
You simple rock in your blog dude!!

Anonymous said...

Pls brother, I know that comment is out of topic but please publish it. Let everyone check it out. I don't represent that website in anyway for publicity. It's just something our people should see and have a gooood laugh at. I repeat the URL is

http://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!89889~ForumID!14~page!4~
pw.html

regards

Payeng said...

Ce$ar, Sajal, John..

thanks dudes.

yogesh said...

Hello Satadal,

That is really interesting.
I am an Avid biker riding Royal Enfiled.
I am in process of riding a long ride very soon, I would be glad if you share few of your experience with rider brothers.

http://bit.ly/92iSDy

shawaiz said...

hi bro
i am sorry for what i copied from your blog this will never happen again and if i will copy something again then i will surely inform you about it .actually i am a new blogger and i cant get more info about bikes on net so that's why i use your webpage so could you please help me
can you please tell me that from where you get all these info and i also wanted to buy a website so please help me up in all these things.
shawaiz

shawaiz said...

hi bro
i am sorry for what i copied from your blog this will never happen again and if i will copy something again then i will surely inform you about it .actually i am a new blogger and i cant get more info about bikes on net so that's why i use your webpage so could you please help me
can you please tell me that from where you get all these info and i also wanted to buy a website so please help me up in all these things.
shawaiz

Jaganmangat said...

That is nice owner,but i advices you to migrate to wordpress dot org there you will get a lot of traffic,page views and everything.Wordpress is very SEO[Search engine optimized] and will get you real success for your hard work which you do on maintaining your blog.

RAGZ said...

Hi

Impetus Research is conducting a study to map interest of Indians in Motor Sports. Please click on the following link to answer a 2 minute long survey

http://motorsportsurveys.questionpro.com

Thanks

Research Team

Spectator said...

Hi,

Could you please suggest me a single website where I can easily find all the specifications of the bikes that are available in the market now?

I am planning to buy my first bike now & I'm on the lookout for info. Expecting your help in this.


Thanks,
Spectator

Spectator said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spectator said...

Im using the comments because your "Ask Me Anything" page doesnt work

REVSdaile said...

Hi Satadal, just been reading your piece on the new Bajaj 200SN Pulsar. From the few images you posted, I think it looks more attractive than the KTM. (I think the stylist for the KTM road bikes should be sent away on an extended holiday). I take it the performance of the Bajaj is brisker than the Yamaha YZF-R15? I saw 140 km/h on a R15, but that was down a slight incline with a tail wind! Flat and level in still air I saw 135. And it was very fuel efficient. I asked Yamaha why they did not make a 175cc version... The Pulsar 200SN could be the ideal solution but there is no importer in New Zealand...

Unknown said...

Nice blog bro!

Post a Comment


Your Comments are valuable as they keep the conversation alive..

But Please Comment Responsibly (for them to be published)